Let’s be honest: Spring Cleanups can be difficult. And a Spring Cleanup isn’t just to have tidy curb appeal. It keeps your grounds healthy and avoids diseases and pests. So here’s the What, the Why, and the How of Spring Cleanups, to get your grounds growing healthy and looking lush.
Let’s refresh on what a Spring Cleanup can do for you.
It includes these 7 services – in the order they’re done:
1. Cleaning up. This can be a huge service area depending on the condition of the grounds. It can include removing animal feces, taking out trash that drifted onto the grounds, raking out organic debris, and cleaning out flowerbeds. Clark’s can also divide and transplant perennials, and pull weeds and tree sprouts.
2. Prune your trees and shrubs. Spring is a great time to prune your trees and shrubs, and Clark’s can take care of that for you.
3. Freshen up your flowerbed mulch. There should only be 2 inches of fresh mulch in your flowerbeds and under your trees and shrubs. Spring is a great time to have your landscaper refresh your mulch to help prevent weeds from springing up.
4. Apply the 1st fertilizer treatment to your lawn. After your grounds are cleaned up, your landscaper will apply the 1st fertilizer treatment of the season. Clark’s offers great lawn programs. Contact us to subscribe and keep your lawn strong from the roots up.
5. Edge your lawns and flowerbeds. Create a clear boundary between your flowerbeds, landscapes, sidewalks, and lawns. Edging creates clean lines that distinguish the areas of your grounds. The result is well-kept grounds with clean boundaries.
6. Apply pre-emergent weed control. After your cleanup, it’ll be time to get Spring pre-emergent weed control for your lawn and landscaping beds. We can do that for you.
7. Give your lawn its 1st mow of the season. Depending on your situation, your landscaper may also mow your lawn as part of Spring Cleanup. After it’s all finished, you’ll love the smooth, clean look of your grounds.
Wow – from that list, you can see that the What of Spring Cleanups is huge.
And that‘s why the Why is big too: it takes a lot of hard work to get your grounds healthy, thriving, and looking great. At Clark’s, we know life can get busy. And even if you’ve done your own cleanups, sometimes the weather just doesn’t cooperate when you finally do have time. That’s another reason why hiring a professional landscaper can make things better for you.
The quickest and easiest point! How to do it? Contact Clark’s. We will listen to understand your wants and needs, and customize a plan to fit your goals and budget.
Contact us today to share what you’d like to do with your grounds.